11 attachments of Ottoman DIY - Turn A Cheap End Table Into A Padded Ottoman. Full Step- (lovely How To Turn A Coffee Table Into An Ottoman #11)
OttomanOt•to•man (ot′ə mən),USA pronunciation adj., n., pl. -mans.
- of or pertaining to the Ottoman Empire.
- of or pertaining to the lands, peoples, and possessions of the Ottoman Empire.
Also, Othman (for defs. 3, 4). Ot′to•man•like′, adj.
- a Turk.
- a Turk of the family or tribe of Osman,
- (l.c.) a cushioned footstool.
- (l.c.) a low cushioned seat without back or arms.
- (l.c.) a kind of divan or sofa, with or without a back.
- (l.c.) a corded silk or rayon fabric with large cotton cord for filling.
Also, D.I.Y., d.i.y.
- do-it-yourself: DIY house decorating.
Turnturn (tûrn),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to cause to move around on an axis or about a center;
rotate: to turn a wheel.
- to cause to move around or partly around, as for the purpose of opening, closing, or tightening: to turn a key; to turn the cap of a jar.
- to reverse the position or placement of: to turn a page; to turn an egg; to turn a person around.
- to bring the lower layers of (sod, soil, etc.) to the surface, as in plowing.
- to change the position of, by or as if by rotating;
move into a different position: to turn the handle one notch.
- to change or alter the course of;
deflect: He turned the blow with his arm.
- to change the focus or tendency of: She skillfully turned the conversation away from so unpleasant a subject.
- to reverse the progress of;
cause to retreat: The police turned the advancing rioters by firing over their heads.
- to change or alter the nature, character, or appearance of: Worry turned his hair gray.
- to change or convert (usually fol. by into or to): to turn water into ice; to turn tears into laughter.
- to render or make by some change: Fear turned him cowardly and craven.
- to change the color of (leaves).
- to cause to become sour, to ferment, or the like: Warm weather turns milk.
- to cause (the stomach) to reject food, liquid, etc.;
affect with nausea.
- to change from one language or form of expression to another;
- to put or apply to some use or purpose: He turned his mind to practical matters.
- to go or pass around or to the other side of: to turn a street corner.
- to get beyond or pass (a certain age, time, amount, etc.): His son just turned four.
- to direct, aim, or set toward, away from, or in a specified direction: to turn the car toward the center of town; to turn one's back to the audience.
- to direct (the eyes, face, etc.) another way;
- to shape (a piece of metal, wood, etc.) into rounded form with a cutting tool while rotating the piece on a lathe.
- to bring into a rounded or curved form in any way.
- to shape artistically or gracefully, esp. in rounded form.
- to form or express gracefully: to turn a phrase well.
- to direct (thought, attention, desire, etc.) toward or away from something.
- to cause to go;
drive: to turn a person from one's door.
- to revolve in the mind;
ponder (often fol. by over): He turned the idea over a couple of times before acting on it.
- to persuade (a person) to change or reorder the course of his or her life.
- to cause to be prejudiced against: to turn a son against his father.
- to maintain a steady flow or circulation of (money or articles of commerce).
- to earn or gain: He turned a huge profit on the sale.
- to reverse or remake (a garment, shirt collar, etc.) so that the inner side becomes the outer.
- to pour from one container into another by inverting.
- to curve, bend, or twist.
- to twist out of position or sprain;
wrench: He turned his ankle.
- to bend back or blunt (the edge of a blade).
- to perform (a gymnastic feat) by rotating or revolving: to turn a somersault.
- to disturb the mental balance of;
- to disorder or upset the placement or condition of: He turned the room upside down.
- to convert.
- to pervert.
- to move around on an axis or about a center;
- to move partly around through the arc of a circle, as a door on a hinge.
- to hinge or depend (usually fol. by on or upon): The question turns on this point.
- to direct or set one's course toward, away from, or in a particular direction.
- to direct the face or gaze toward or away from someone or something.
- to direct one's thought, attention, desire, etc., toward or away from someone or something.
- to give or apply one's interest, attention, effort, etc., to something;
pursue: He turned to the study and practice of medicine.
- to change or reverse a course so as to go in a different or the opposite direction: to turn to the right.
- to change position so as to face in a different or the opposite direction.
- to change or reverse position or posture as by a rotary motion.
- to shift the body about as if on an axis: to turn on one's side while sleeping.
- to assume a curved form;
- to become blunted or dulled by bending, as the cutting edge of a knife or saw.
- to be affected with nausea, as the stomach.
- to be affected with giddiness or dizziness;
have a sensation of whirling or reeling.
- to adopt religion, a manner of life, etc., esp. as differing from a previous position or attitude: He turned to Christianity in his old age.
- to change or transfer one's loyalties;
defect: He turned from the Democrats and joined the Republicans.
- to change an attitude or policy: to turn in favor of someone; to turn against a person.
- to change or alter, as in nature, character, or appearance.
- to become sour, rancid, fermented, or the like, as milk or butter.
- to change color: The leaves began to turn in October.
- to change so as to be;
become: a lawyer turned poet; to turn pale.
- to become mentally unbalanced or distracted.
- to put about or tack, as a ship.
- (of copy) to run either from the bottom of the last column on one page to the top of the first column on the following page or from one column on a page to the expected place in the next column on the page (opposed to jump).
- turn back:
- to retrace one's footsteps;
turn around to return.
- to cause to go no further or to return, as by not welcoming;
- to fold (a blanket, sheet of paper, etc.) on itself: Turn back the page to keep the place.
- turn down:
- to turn over;
- to lower in intensity;
- to refuse or reject (a person, request, etc.): The Marine Corps turned him down.
- turn in:
- to hand in;
submit: to turn in a resignation.
- to inform on or deliver up: She promptly turned him in to the police.
- to turn from one path or course into another;
- to go to bed;
retire: I never turn in before eleven o'clock.
- turn into:
- to drive a vehicle or to walk into (a street, store, etc.): We turned into the dead-end street. He turned into the saloon at the corner.
- to be changed, transformed, or converted into: He has turned into a very pleasant fellow. The caterpillar turned into a butterfly.
- turn off:
- to stop the flow of (water, gas, etc.), as by closing a faucet or valve.
- to extinguish (a light).
- to divert;
- to diverge or branch off, as a side road from a main road.
- to drive a vehicle or walk onto (a side road) from a main road: You turn off at 96th Street. Turn off the highway on the dirt road.
- [Slang.]to stop listening: You could see him turn off as the speaker droned on.
- to disaffect, alienate, or disgust.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to discharge an employee.
- turn on:
- to cause (water, gas, etc.) to flow, as by opening a valve.
- to switch on (a light).
- to put into operation;
- to start suddenly to affect or show: She turned on the charm and won him over.
- to induce (a person) to start taking a narcotic drug.
- to take a narcotic drug.
- to arouse or excite the interest of;
engage: the first lecture that really turned me on.
- to arouse sexually.
- Also, turn upon. to become suddenly hostile to: The dog turned on its owner.
- turn one's hand to. See hand (def. 74).
- turn out:
- to extinguish (a light).
- to produce as the result of labor: She turned out four tapestries a year.
- to drive out;
discharge: a premier turned out of office.
- to fit out;
- to result;
- to come to be;
- to be found or known;
- to be present at;
- to get out of bed.
- [Naut.]to order (a seaman or seamen) from quarters for duty.
- to cause to turn outward, as the toes.
- turn over:
- to move or be moved from one side to another.
- to put in reverse position;
- to consider;
- to transfer;
- to start (an engine): He turned over the car motor.
- (of an engine) to start: The motor turned over without any trouble.
- [Com.]to purchase and then sell (goods or commodities).
- [Com.]to do business or sell goods to the amount of (a specified sum).
- [Com.]to invest or recover (capital) in some transaction or in the course of business.
- turn the tables. See table (def. 19).
- turn the tide. See tide 1 (def. 12).
- turn to:
- to apply to for aid;
appeal to: When he was starting out as an artist he turned to his friends for loans.
- to begin to attend to or work at something: After the storm we turned to and cleaned up the debris.
- to change to: The ice turned to water.
- turn up:
- to fold (material, a hem, cuffs, etc.) up or over in order to alter a garment.
- to bring to the surface by digging: to turn up a shovelful of earth.
- to uncover;
- to intensify or increase.
- to happen;
occur: Let's wait and see what turns up.
- to appear;
arrive: She turned up at the last moment.
- to be recovered: I'm sure your watch will turn up eventually.
- to come to notice;
- a movement of partial or total rotation: a slight turn of the handle.
- an act of changing or reversing position or posture, as by a rotary movement: a turn of the head.
- a time or opportunity for action which comes in due rotation or order to each of a number of persons, animals, etc.: It's my turn to pay the bill.
- an act of changing or reversing the course or direction: to make a turn to the right.
- a place or point at which such a change occurs.
- a place where a road, river, or the like turns;
bend: About a mile ahead, you'll come to a turn in the road.
- a single revolution, as of a wheel.
- an act of turning so as to face or go in a different direction.
- direction, drift, or trend: The conversation took an interesting turn.
- any change, as in nature, character, condition, affairs, circumstances, etc.;
modification: a turn for the better.
- the point or time of change.
- the time during which a worker or a set of workers is at work in alternation with others.
- that which is done by each of a number of persons acting in rotation or succession.
- rounded or curved form.
- the shape or mold in which something is formed or cast.
- a passing or twisting of one thing around another, as of a rope around a mast.
- the state of or a manner of being twisted.
- a single circular or convoluted shape, as of a coiled or wound rope.
- a small latch operated by a turning knob or lever.
- style, as of expression or language.
- a distinctive form or style imparted: a happy turn of expression.
- a short walk, ride, or the like out and back, esp. by different routes: Let's go for a turn in the park.
- a natural inclination, bent, tendency, or aptitude: one's turn of mind.
- a spell or period of work;
- a spell or bout of action or activity, esp. in wrestling.
- an attack of illness or the like.
- an act of service or disservice: He once did her a good turn. She repaid it with a bad turn.
- requirement, exigency, or need: This will serve your turn.
- treatment or rendering, esp. with reference to the form or content of a work of literature, art, etc.;
twist: He gave the story a new turn.
- a nervous shock, as from fright or astonishment: It certainly gave me quite a turn to see him.
- [Stock Exchange.]a complete securities transaction that includes both a purchase and sale.
- a melodic embellishment or grace, commonly consisting of a principal tone with two auxiliary tones, one above and the other below it.
- [Chiefly Brit.]an individual stage performance, esp. in a vaudeville theater or music hall.
- a drill movement by which a formation changes fronts.
- a contest or round;
a bout, as in wrestling.
- at every turn, in every case or instance;
constantly: We met with kindness at every turn.
- by turns, one after another;
in rotation or succession;
alternately: They did their shopping and cleaning by turns.
- hand's turn, a period or piece of work: It won't be necessary for you to do a hand's turn yourself, but rather to supervise.
- in turn, in due order of succession: Each generation in turn must grapple with the same basic problems.
- on the turn, on the verge or in the process of turning;
changing: She said she hoped to be alive to see the century on the turn.
- out of turn:
- not in the correct succession;
out of proper order.
- at an unsuitable time;
indiscreetly: He spoke out of turn and destroyed the cordial atmosphere of the meeting.
- take turns, to succeed one another in order;
alternate: They took turns walking the dog.
- to a turn, to just the proper degree;
to perfection: The steak was done to a turn.
- turn and turn about or turn about, by turns: They fought the fire, turn and turn about, until daybreak.
Cheapcheap (chēp),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., n.
- costing very little;
relatively low in price;
inexpensive: a cheap dress.
- costing little labor or trouble: Words are cheap.
- charging low prices: a very cheap store.
- of little account;
of small value;
shoddy: cheap conduct; cheap workmanship.
sheepish: He felt cheap about his mistake.
- obtainable at a low rate of interest: when money is cheap.
- of decreased value or purchasing power, as currency depreciated due to inflation.
miserly: He's too cheap to buy his own brother a cup of coffee.
- cheap at twice the price, exceedingly inexpensive: I found this old chair for eight dollars—it would be cheap at twice the price.
- at a low price;
at small cost: He is willing to sell cheap.
- on the cheap, [Informal.]inexpensively;
economically: She enjoys traveling on the cheap.
Endend1 (end),USA pronunciation n.
- the last part or extremity, lengthwise, of anything that is longer than it is wide or broad: the end of a street; the end of a rope.
- a point, line, or limitation that indicates the full extent, degree, etc., of something;
bounds: kindness without end; to walk from end to end of a city.
- a part or place at or adjacent to an extremity: at the end of the table; the west end of town.
- the furthermost imaginable place or point: an island at the very end of the world.
conclusion: The journey was coming to an end.
- the concluding part: The end of her speech had to be cut short because of time.
- an intention or aim: to gain one's ends.
- the object for which a thing exists;
purpose: The happiness of the people is the end of government.
- an outcome or result: What is to be the end of all this bickering?
- termination of existence;
death: He met a horrible end.
- a cause of death, destruction, or ruin: Another war would be the end of civilization.
- a remnant or fragment: mill end; ends and trimmings.
- a share or part in something: He does his end of the job very well.
- a warp thread running vertically and interlaced with the filling yarn in the woven fabric.
- either of the linemen stationed farthest from the center.
- the position played by this lineman.
- [Archery.]the number of arrows to be shot by a competitor during one turn in a match.
- [Cricket.]a wicket, esp. the one where the batsman is taking a turn.
- a unit of a game, as in curling or lawn bowling.
- [Kantianism.]any rational being, regarded as worthy to exist for its own sake.
- either half of a domino.
- [Knots.]the part of a rope, beyond a knot or the like, that is not used.
- at loose ends, without an occupation or plans;
uncertain: He spent two years wandering about the country at loose ends.
- at one's wit's end, at the end of one's ideas or mental resources;
perplexed: I'm at my wit's end with this problem.Also, at one's wits' end.
- end for end, in reverse position;
inverted: The cartons were turned end for end.
- end on, with the end next to or facing: He backed the truck until it was end on with the loading platform.
- end to end, in a row with ends touching: The pipes were placed end to end on the ground.
- go off the deep end, [Informal.]to act in a reckless or agitated manner;
lose emotional control: She went off the deep end when she lost her job.
- in the end, finally;
after all: In the end they shook hands and made up.
- keep or hold one's end up, to perform one's part or share adequately: The work is demanding, but he's holding his end up.
- make an end of, to conclude;
stop: Let's make an end of this foolishness and get down to work.
- make ends meet, to live within one's means: Despite her meager income, she tried to make ends meet.Also, make both ends meet.
- no end, [Informal.]very much or many: They were pleased no end by the warm reception.
- on end:
- having the end down;
upright: to stand a box on end.
successively: They talked for hours on end.
- put an end to, to cause to stop;
finish: The advent of sound in motion pictures put an end to many a silent star's career.
- the end, [Slang.]the ultimate;
the utmost of good or bad: His stupidity is the end.
- to bring to an end or conclusion: We ended the discussion on a note of optimism.
- to put an end to;
terminate: This was the battle that ended the war.
- to form the end of: This passage ends the novel.
- to cause the demise of;
kill: A bullet through the heart ended him.
- to constitute the most outstanding or greatest possible example or instance of (usually used in the infinitive): You just committed the blunder to end all blunders.
- to come to an end;
cease: The road ends at Rome.
- to issue or result: Extravagance ends in want.
- to reach or arrive at a final condition, circumstance, or goal (often fol. by up): to end up in the army; to end as a happy person.
- final or ultimate: the end result.
Tableta•ble (tā′bəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -bled, -bling, adj.
- an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
- such a piece of furniture specifically used for serving food to those seated at it.
- the food placed on a table to be eaten: She sets a good table.
- a group of persons at a table, as for a meal, game, or business transaction.
- a gaming table.
- a flat or plane surface;
a level area.
- a tableland or plateau.
- a concise list or guide: a table of contents.
- an arrangement of words, numbers, or signs, or combinations of them, as in parallel columns, to exhibit a set of facts or relations in a definite, compact, and comprehensive form;
a synopsis or scheme.
- (cap.) the constellation Mensa.
- a flat and relatively thin piece of wood, stone, metal, or other hard substance, esp. one artificially shaped for a particular purpose.
- a course or band, esp. of masonry, having a distinctive form or position.
- a distinctively treated surface on a wall.
- a smooth, flat board or slab on which inscriptions may be put.
- the tablets on which certain collections of laws were anciently inscribed: the tables of the Decalogue.
- the laws themselves.
- the inner or outer hard layer or any of the flat bones of the skull.
- a sounding board.
- the upper horizontal surface of a faceted gem.
- a gem with such a surface.
- on the table, [Parl. Proc.]
- [Brit.]submitted for consideration.
- turn the tables, to cause a reversal of an existing situation, esp. with regard to gaining the upper hand over a competitor, rival, antagonist, etc.: Fortune turned the tables and we won. We turned the tables on them and undersold them by 50 percent.
- under the table:
- as a bribe;
secretly: She gave money under the table to get the apartment.
- wait (on) table, to work as a waiter or waitress: He worked his way through college by waiting table.Also, wait tables.
- to place (a card, money, etc.) on a table.
- to enter in or form into a table or list.
- [Parl. Proc.]
- [Chiefly U.S.]to lay aside (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for future discussion, usually with a view to postponing or shelving the matter indefinitely.
- to present (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for discussion.
- of, pertaining to, or for use on a table: a table lamp.
- suitable for serving at a table or for eating or drinking: table grapes.
Intoin•to (in′to̅o̅; unstressed in′tŏŏ, -tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- to the inside of;
in toward: He walked into the room. The train chugged into the station.
- toward or in the direction of: going into town.
- to a point of contact with;
against: backed into a parked car.
- (used to indicate insertion or immersion in): plugged into the socket.
- (used to indicate entry, inclusion, or introduction in a place or condition): received into the church.
- to the state, condition, or form assumed or brought about: went into shock; lapsed into disrepair; translated into another language.
- to the occupation, action, possession, circumstance, or acceptance of: went into banking; coerced into complying.
- (used to indicate a continuing extent in time or space): lasted into the night; far into the distance.
- (used to indicate the number to be divided by another number): 2 into 20 equals 10.
- interested or absorbed in, esp. obsessively: She's into yoga and gardening.
- in debt to: I'm into him for ten dollars.
- pertaining to a function or map from one set to another set, the range of which is a proper subset of the second set, as the function f, from the set of all integers into the set of all perfect squares where f(x) = x2 for every integer.
Paddedpad1 (pad),USA pronunciation n., v., pad•ded, pad•ding.
- a cushionlike mass of soft material used for comfort, protection, or stuffing.
- a soft, stuffed cushion used as a saddle;
a padded leather saddle without a tree.
- a number of sheets of paper glued or otherwise held together at one edge to form a tablet.
- a soft, ink-soaked block of absorbent material for inking a rubber stamp.
- Anat., Zool. any fleshy mass of tissue that cushions a weight-bearing part of the body, as on the underside of a paw. See diag. under dog.
- the foot, as of a fox, hare, or wolf.
- a piece or fold of gauze or other absorbent material for use as a surgical dressing or a protective covering.
- Zool. a pulvillus, as on the tarsus or foot of an insect.
- a lily pad.
- See launch pad.
- one's living quarters, as an apartment or room.
- one's bed.
- a room where people gather to take narcotics;
an addicts' den.
- money paid as a bribe to and shared among police officers, as for ignoring law violations.
- a list of police officers receiving such money.
- Elect. a nonadjustable attenuator consisting of a network of fixed resistors.
- a metal plate riveted or welded to a surface as a base or attachment for bolts, hooks, eyes, etc.
- a piece of wood laid on the back of a deck beam to give the deck surface a desired amount of camber.
- a handle for holding various small, interchangeable saw blades.
- Also, pod. a socket in a brace for a bit.
- Metall. a raised surface on a casting.
- a small deposit of weld metal, as for building up a worn surface.
- on the pad, [Slang.](of a police officer) receiving a bribe, esp. on a regular basis.
- to furnish, protect, fill out, or stuff with a pad or padding.
- to expand or add to unnecessarily or dishonestly: to pad a speech;
to pad an expense account.
- to add metal to (a casting) above its required dimensions, to insure the flow of enough metal to all parts.
- to insure the proper forging of a piece.
Fullfull1 (fŏŏl),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., v., n.
- completely filled;
containing all that can be held;
filled to utmost capacity: a full cup.
maximum: a full supply of food for a three-day hike.
- of the maximum size, amount, extent, volume, etc.: a full load of five tons; to receive full pay.
- (of garments, drapery, etc.) wide, ample, or having ample folds.
well-supplied: a yard full of litter; a cabinet full of medicine.
- filled or rounded out, as in form: a full bust.
occupied (usually fol. by of ): She was full of her own anxieties.
- of the same parents: full brothers.
- ample and complete in volume or richness of sound.
- (of wines) having considerable body.
- (of the count on a batter) amounting to three balls and two strikes: He hit a slider for a homer on a full count.
- having base runners at first, second, and third bases;
- being slightly oversized, as a sheet of glass cut too large to fit into a frame.
- [Poker.]of or pertaining to the three cards of the same denomination in a full house: He won the hand with a pair of kings and sixes full.
- exactly or directly: The blow struck him full in the face.
- very: You know full well what I mean.
- fully, completely, or entirely;
at least: The blow knocked him full around. It happened full 30 years ago.
- to make full, as by gathering or pleating.
- to bring (the cloth) on one side of a seam to a little greater fullness than on the other by gathering or tucking very slightly.
- (of the moon) to become full.
- the highest or fullest state, condition, or degree: The moon is at the full.
- in full:
- to or for the full or required amount.
- without abridgment: The book was reprinted in full.
- to the full, to the greatest extent;
thoroughly: They enjoyed themselves to the full.
Howdy peoples, this photo is about Ottoman DIY - Turn A Cheap End Table Into A Padded Ottoman. Full Step- (lovely How To Turn A Coffee Table Into An Ottoman #11). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 420 x 522. It's file size is only 49 KB. If You want to download This picture to Your computer, you could Click here. You might too see more images by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: How To Turn A Coffee Table Into An Ottoman.
The color impression continues to be tested as a channel for your design of temper, mental perception, fashion, along with the style or persona of the area. Shades may be shown together with furniture's reputation, wall coloring designs, accessories comfortable furnishings, trinkets home, actually wallpaper home.
The current presence of furniture as it characterizes the colour collection, a space can greatly affect the feeling that in by a furniture. Create of incorporating color with the room furniture, no error you've. Here are some thoughts which is caused the many colors for the design of your home fixtures.
Favor How To Turn A Coffee Table Into An Ottoman, will give the impression, a new impression and easy impression. In the event that you design it for delicate furnishings furniture purposes this impact would appear rustic hues. But when you are designing furniture for stand or seat it'll provide the impact of a stylish and simple. White is suitable for level a couch, a seat.